Saturday, January 25, 2014

Almost 28 years...

Kevin and I will celebrate our 28th anniversary in March.  We've never been the type the 'has to have' the new things.. the new phone, the new car, the new TV.  But now that the kids are all but out of the nest, we decided to take the 'bigger' of the two bedrooms back downstairs and make it ours again.

We live in a 50's ranch that his grandparents built, and space is limited.  So measuring and measuring, and measuring again we figured we could fit a queen-size bed and other pieces into the room.

I love it.  And I have been waiting patiently for a bed big enough to put my red and white Pineapple Blossom (ala Bonnie Hunter)  on to.

Ok, back to the normal daily routine.  And I am waiting patiently for the first of two snow events (I love that technical meteorological term) to happen.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

It looks fantastic.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Your quilt is sumptuous on the big bed.
best, nadia

Sara said...

That is a gorgeous quilt and looks wonderful on that bed.

Beth said...

The pineapple quilt is beautiful!!! And it looks so good on your bed.

Amy said...

One of my favorite "ala Bonnie" designs! LOVE the look in your "new" room :) A+